Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Who's got the Blues?

We had recently seen an article about an authentic Texas barbecue place here in Paris.  Well we couldn't pass up a chance to try it out, no mater how many buses it took to get here.  We found Blues Bar-B-Q--Texas Diner and Barbecue Joint.  There was a chalk-board menu out front, listing lots of mouth watering choices.  We went in and found a kind of 50's retro diner feel with booths and Formica table tops, a very Texas  barbecue atmosphere.  A young man came to take our order.  We both choose a chopped beef brisket sandwich, I had barbecue beans for my side and Tom had Louisana gumbo, (Paris style-lots of zucchini).   We really enjoyed our lunch!  A woman from Dallas and her son own the restaurant.  They do all the cooking themselves to keep control and flavors true to real barbecue and they're doing a great job.  We did meet the owners, Diana and her son, Mo.  We tried the peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream--again delicious!  We had a great lunch and would recommend Blues Bar-B-Q to any Parisienne or any Texan in town.






I'm on the hunt for a dress to wear to my son's wedding.  He and Megan are getting married next April.  I thought it would be so wonderful to have my MOG (mother of the groom) dress from Paris.  I'm in luck because by law France only has sales twice a year,  January and July. They can have "promotions" though out the year, but the big sales happen during these two months.  I've stared my hunt, but so far no luck, but I've only just begun and I have all of Paris to shop.  Come on Tom!







No comments:

Post a Comment